Braised Tofu and Radish
8 oz firm tofu, slice into 1/2" thick
1 tablespoon canola oil
8 oz (230g) radish, slice into 1/4" thick
1 small onion, sliced
3 oz (80g) shrimp, peeled and cut into chunks
1 tablespoon Korean soy sauce for soup
2 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon Korean chili flakes
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
2 cloves garlic, chopped
4 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon sesame oil
dashes of black pepper
1 green chili, sliced, optional
- Heat oil in the skillet over medium heat.
- Press each tofu slice with paper towel and add to the hot skillet. Sear for 5 minutes on each side until golden crust forms. Remove the tofu from the skillet.
- Add the radish and onion on the bottom of shallow pan or skillet and place tofu on top. Scatter the shrimps over.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the rest of the ingredients except the green chili. Drizzle the sauce over the tofu mixture in the pan. Cover with a lid and bring to a gentle boil, then simmer for 10-15 minutes over low heat.
- Add the green chili, if using, and simmer for another 2-3 minutes. When the radish is nice and tender, it is done.
- Drizzle the sauce over to tofu and radish when you serve. Serve warm with rice.