JOB OFFER: Symfony 2 Portal on a live webinar streaming video platform
- A small agile team of experienced PHP / Symfony 2 developers - part of a company with five other tech teams relating to everything from "iOS Players and Devices" to "Video Encoding" core Java teams.
- Proper BDD (Behaviour Driven Development) and Unit testing
- Clean separation of code using APIs
- A large existing customer base with offices in London, San Francisco and New York.
- Continuous Integration and separation of development, testing, staging and production environments.
- St Paul's based brilliant working environment
The BrightTALK video platform is soon to be much more than a full video sharing community at www.BrightTALK.com . We have a large customer base of Tech and Finance companies, and we're looking for a new member of our team. If you're interested and have 3+ years PHP experience and some experience with Symfony 2 (or symfony 1.4 with an eagerness to learn Symfony 2), please contact email@example.com . No agencies please.
Portal PHP/Symfony Developer
We are seeking a PHP/Symfony developer to join an agile development team of our online Portal (www.brighttalk.com).
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- re-architecting and migrating of the Portal to the Symfony2 framework
- writing behat scenarios
- unit and functional testing
- selenium testing of the site (working alongside our QA team members) and using our Jenkins CI server
- build and deployments
The candidate will be a very strong PHP developer with a track record of leading the development of high volume, high performance web applications. They will have a delivery focus and have at least 3 years solid experience in developing of PHP based sites including maintaining and enhancing existing production sites and code. They will have good hands on experience of the software development life cycle including testing, building and deploying as well as coding.
The candidate will be a strong team player with a positive can do attitude and excellent programming skills who knows how to deliver and release quality unit tested software and enjoys working in a small development team.
The candidate will understand the importance of QA and unit and regression testing.
- 3 years experience developing object-oriented PHP 5.x web applications
- Unit testing and the use of Continuous Integration environments
- Hands on experience of using REST based web services and XML/JSON processing
- Designing and developing MYSQL database queries
- Configuration management, tagging, branching and merging using SVN
- Build and deployment
- Setting up sites in Apache 2.2 from the Linux command line
- A strong understanding of web security and performance issues
- Understanding of design patterns and how to apply them
- Experience in using Symfony2 framework
- Behavior Driven Development
- Automated functional testing using Selenium
- SEO strategies for dynamic content
- 25 days paid vacation
- Life Cover (4 x salary)
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Private Health Insurance