Bananas Foster Bread
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 1/4 cup dark rum, divided
- 1/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom and sides of one 9 x 5-inch loaf pan; dust with flour, tapping out excess.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, combine banana, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 5 tablespoons butter, and 3 tablespoons rum. Cook over medium heat until mixture begins to bubble. Remove from heat; cool. Place banana mixture in stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add yogurt, remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, and eggs. Beat at medium speed until combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, flaxseed, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and allspice. With the mixer on low, add flour mixture to banana mixture and beat just until blended. ,Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Remove bread from pan; place on wire rack.
- While the bead is cooling, make the drizzle by combining remaining 1 tablespoon melted butter, remaining 1 tablespoon rum, and powdered sugar; stir until well blended. Drizzle over the warm bread.
Yields: 16 servings, 191 calories per serving
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com