Nutella Swirled Choclate Chip Brownies
by Megan Pence
Adapted from Dara of Cookin’ Canuck
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups AP Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup (12 tbsp) Butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups (packed) Brown Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 4 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Semi-Sweet chocolate chips
- 4 oz. Cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup Nutella
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13- by 9-inch metal baking pan with foil, with foil edges hanging over the side. Spray the foil with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. Stir flour mixture into sugar mixture until just combined. Add white chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cream cheese, Nutella and egg yolk until completely combined.
- Transfer brownie mixture to prepared pan and spread evenly. Spoon Nutella mixture over the brownie mixture. Using a butter knife, swirl in the Nutella mixture.
- Bake, rotating halfway through, until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out with a few crumbs, 25 to 28 minutes. When testing, be sure to insert the toothpick into a section with blondie, rather than Nutella.
- Cool the brownies, in the pan, on a wire rack until completely cool, about 2 hours. Holding the overhanging foil, lift out the brownies. Cut into squares and serve.