Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup white quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- juice of 1/4 of a lemon
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly with cold water in a fine-mesh strainer, let drain.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring vegetable stock and quinoa to a boil. Cover and simmer on low 15 minutes, or until all of the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Let cool. (you should have about 2 cups of cooked quinoa)
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano and lemon juice.; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine grape tomatoes. cucumber, olives, red bell pepper. Add 2 cups of slightly cooled quinoa and olive oil mixture, toss to coat. Sprinkle with feta cheese and serve.
Yields: 6 servings
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com