Vanilla Glazed Apple Cookies
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup finely diced peeled apple
- 1 cup raisins
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 4 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and milk and beat until combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves. Gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts, apple and raisins.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls two inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake in preheated oven 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool on wire racks.
- To make vanilla glaze, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, butter, vanilla, salt and milk. Drizzle over warm cookies.
Yield: about 4 dozen.
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com