Lab Computer Quiet Room
- Boot into the Mac OS
- Make sure the headphones are plugged into the USB port on the back of the monitor.
- Open System preferences (Click Apple > System preferences > Sound
- Set the Input Device to Logitech USB Headset - make sure the little red light on the headset cord button is solid red. If it is blinking press the button once.
- Set the Output to Logitech USB Headset
- Start Audacity
- Open Audacity preferences (Click Audacity > Preferences)
- Switch to Devices and make sure Playback and Recording are set to Logitech USB Headset. Click OK
- Now put the headset on, position the mic in front of your mouth and press the on screen record button.
- Record a short test message “Hi my name is. . . testing 1, 2, 3 . . .. “
- Press Stop
- Press Play to verify that your message was recorded. Make any necessary adjustments to volume or input levels (System preferences)
- To begin your actual recording Click File > New and press the Record Button.
- When you have completed your recording press stop and export to the desktop as MP3 file (Click File > Export) and set MP3 Files as the format. Save onto the desktop and then use the assignment submission link in Courses to send Rosario your file.