I used about 1/3 of a skein of Yarn Bee Soft Extreme in a dark pink color held together with Caron Simply Soft in a plum color. (Sorry. Labels are long gone from these.) I also used a little bit of Boa in a pink color, for the trim.
Knit on size 11 circulars (but I am a loose knitter. You will probably want to use a 13.)
Guage: 3 st = 1"
Note: Gabby is a smallish cat, so you will want to adjust the pattern to your cat's specs. I used her pudgy belly as the main measurement to determine how many stitches to cast on. You should use whatever is the biggest part of your cat.
- Beginning at lower edge, Cast on 44 stitches, join.
- Work in a K1 P1 rib for 11 rows.
- Keeping to the Ribbing Pattern, work 25 stitches.
- Bind off the next 7 stitches.
- Work the next 5 stitches in K1 P1.
- Bind off the next 7 stitches. (These two BO areas become the armholes.)
- Working on the 25 stitches only, work 8 rows.
- Next row: K 2 together across, ending K1.
- Cut yarn. Just ignore those stitches. Leave them on the needle.
- (This is the tricky part) Attach yarn after bound off stitches. Then knit the 25 stitches from the back. (This is not tricky to do, only tricky to explain. Since you are working on a circular needle, you will be joining the shoulder, you see?) Join the stitches at the other shoulder, and continue to knit 2 rows.
- Cut yarn and attach Boa yarn. Knit 1 row and bind off very loosely.
- Pick up and knit 22 stitches around armhole, from right side. Work in K1 P1 for 3 rows. (You could go longer, but I thought it might impede movement.)
- Cut yarn.
- Attach Boa and work 1 row, then bind off loosely.
- Repeat for 2nd sleeve.