A traditional Lebanese appetizer. It’s easy, slightly different, has new flavors to enjoy. It is delicious.
- 2 Cups bulgur wheat
- 6 Cups water
- 1 lb Ground Round
- 1 Tbl Cumin
- 1 Tbl salt
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 Tbl cinnamon
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbl mint leaves
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Soak the bulgur in the water for one hour
- Blend the spices and the onion in a blender or food processer
- Add to meat in large mixing bowl.
- Mix and knead meat and spices thoroughly
- Drain bulgur and add one-fourth of it at a time to the meat mixture, mixing it well after each addition
- Shape into small footballs (remember this is finger food.) Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 25 minutes
Cook’s Note: Bulgur is whole grain wheat that has usually been parboiled, dried and partially de-branned before being sold. It has a light nutty flavor and is often used in pilafs, soups and other middle eastern cooking.
Cooking with KandA - Making Thornapple Kellogg a better community one forkful of food at a time.
Holiday Appetizers 12/2010