CUBANO HOT DOGS
- 8 fat free hot dogs (Hebrew National 97% FAT FREE)
- 8 good quality hot dog rolls (whole wheat if you can find them)
- Yellow mustard
- 1 small 4 ounce can of pickled jalapenos (hot) or green chilies (mild), drained well and finely chopped
- 8 slices low -fat deli ham
- 8 thin slices FAT FREE Swiss cheese (Try Borden Fat Free Slices)
- 8 homemade or store bought pickle spears
- Heat griddle pan or cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Split dogs lengthwise and open them up like a book, grill them up until crispy on both sides.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Arrange split rolls on a baking sheet. Top rolls with lots of mustard, chopped chilies, ham and Swiss cheese, broil just long enough to melt the cheese.
- Place Dogs on top of melted cheese in rolls and fill the crevice with a pickle spear.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per serving): 225 calories; 3g fat; 31 carbohydrate; 19g protein; .7g fiber