Navigation - Where to Find Things Moodle ISU
The navigation block is useful for moving between your courses and to the homepage of Moodle ISU.
This guide will help you to understand:
- The Navigation Menu Options
- Finding Your Courses
- Moving Between Courses
- Navigating to Existing Activities in Courses
The Navigation Menu Options
- Home: Takes you to the homepage of Moodle ISU.
- My home: Takes you to your personalized start page. For more information see My Home.
- Site pages: When clicked will give the Site Blogs, Tags, and Calendar options. You will have to set these items up in order to use them.
- My profile: Allows you to view your profile, forum posts (includes Posts and Discussions), and blogs (includes links Messages and My Private Files).
- My courses: Allows you to view the courses in which you are a participant.
Finding Your Courses
- In the My Courses area, Click on the course title you wish to access.
Note: You can access any of your available courses from anywhere in Moodle ISU by going to the Navigation block and opening the My courses option.
To search for a course that does not appear on your list of courses:
- In the Navigation block, Click Home.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Locate the Search courses field.
- Type the prefix and number of your course in the Search box.
- Click Go. A list of relevant courses will appear.
- If you do not see the desired course on the list, Contact your department course scheduler.
Moving Between Courses
- In the Navigation block, Click My Courses.
- Click on the course title to navigate to the course.
Navigating to Existing Activities in a Course
- Click on the name of the course.
- Turn editing on. For more information, see Overview Moodle ISU.
- Locate the week/topic in which the activity is housed.
- Select the activity that you wish to view and/or edit.
- A new screen will appear that shows your activity.
For information on editing your activity, see Add an Activity to Your Course.
For information on adding a resource, see Add a Resource.
For more information, see Navigation.
This work was done by Instructional Technology Resource Center at Idaho State University and is licensed under the Creative Commons Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit Attribution Noncommercial 3.0 United States or send a letter to Creative Commons, 444 Castro Street, Suite 900, Mountain View, California, 94041, USA.