Navigation - Where to Find Things Moodle ISU
The navigation block is useful for moving between your courses and to the homepage of Moodle ISU.
This guide will help you to understand:
- The Navigation Menu Options
- Finding Your Courses
- Moving Between Courses
- Navigating to Existing Activities in Courses
The Navigation Menu Options
- Home: Takes you to the homepage of Moodle ISU.
- My Home: Takes you to your personalized start page. For more information see My Home.
- Site Pages: When clicked will give the Site Blogs, Tags, and Calendar options. You will have to set these items up in order to use them.
- My Profile: Allows you to view your profile, forum posts (includes Posts and Discussions), and blogs (includes links Messages and My Private Files).
- My Courses: Allows you to view the courses in which you are a participant.
Note: the picture below shows the options in the open position so that you can see what is available under each option.
Finding Your Courses
- In the My Courses area, Click on the course title you wish to access.
Hot Tip: You can access any of your available courses from anywhere in Moodle ISU by going to the Navigation block and opening the My Courses option.
To search for a course that does not appear on your list of courses:
- In the Navigation block Click on the Home option.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and Locate the Search Courses field.
- Type the prefix and number of your course in the Search box and Click Go. A list of relevant courses will appear.
- If you do not see the desired course on the list contact your department course scheduler.
Moving Between Courses
- In the Navigation block, Click on the My Courses option.
- Click on the course title to navigate to the course.
Navigating to Existing Activities in a Course
- Click on the name of the course.
- Turn Editing On. For more information please see Overview Moodle ISU.
- Select the date that you wish to work with located in the Week/Topic block.
- From the Week/Topic block, Select the activity that you wish to view and/or edit by clicking on the name of the activity.
- A new screen will appear that shows your activity. For information on editing your activity please see Add an Activity to Your Course.
For more information please visit: Navigation
This work was done by Instructional Technology Resource Center at Idaho State University and is licensed under the Creative Commons Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit Attribution Noncommercial 3.0 United States or send a letter to Creative Commons, 444 Castro Street, Suite 900, Mountain View, California, 94041, USA.