Guinness and Bailey's Irish Cream Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes:
- 1 cup Guinness
- 16 tablespoons (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sour cream
For the Ganache Filling:
- 8 oz. bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoon Bailey's Irish cream
For the Bailey's Buttercream Frosting:
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 4-8 tablespoons Bailey's Irish cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine Guinness and butter. Add the cocoa; whisk until smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bow, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the eggs and sour cream until combined.
- Add Guinness mixture and beat to combine. Mix in dry ingredients on low speed until incorporated.
- Fill the cupcake papers about 2/3 full, making sure that the batter is divided evenly. Bake until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, about 15-17 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack.
- To make the ganache filling, place chocolate in heatproof bowl; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat cream until simmering. Pour over chocolate, let sit for 1 minute, then stir until smooth.
- Add butter and Bailey's; stir until smooth and combined. Set aside until cool and thick enough to be piped. stirring occasionally.
- Once cupcakes have cooled, use a paring knife or apple corer to cut out a small circle in the center of each cupcake. Remove the core and trim leaving the core just big enough to be used to plug the hole once it is filled.
- Transfer ganache filling to a decorating bag fitted with a small round tip (about ¼ inch). Pipe the filling into each hollowed cupcake
- Once the filling is in place, place the trimmed core of the cupcake back into place.
- To make the frosting, in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter on medium high until light and fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar and beat until incorporated. Add Bailey's a few tablespoons at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
- Transfer frosting into a large decorators decorating bag fitted with the 1M decorating tip and approximately 1/4″ above cupcake top at a 90° angle to cupcake surface, pipe a spiral of icing, beginning at the outer edge and working inward.
Yields: 24 cupcakes
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com