1999 to present Senior Researcher, V.A.Fock Physics Institute, St. Petersburg State University.
2011 to present - Associate professor, Department of Physics, St. Petersburg State University;
2000 to 2011 Senior Teacher, Department of Physics, St. Petersburg State University;
1998 - 2000 Assistant, Department of Physics, St. Petersburg State University.
Scientific Fields and Expertise
- Multimode quantum memory based on Lambda-atoms. High-speed quantum memory.
- Optical Parametric processes in continuous variables: optical parametric amplifier (OPA) and optical parametric oscillator (OPO), investigation of three-mode statistics OPO above threshold, multimode squeezed radiation of sub-Poissonian laser and degenerate OPO.
- Quantum dense coding protocol for optical images: dense coding scheme for continuous variables, multimode in space and time optical quantum communication channel, parallel dense coding of non-stationary optical images, the Shannon mutual information, superior to the standard quantum limit.
- Induced photon statistics: we have proved that under the specific conditions, the photon statistics of the three-level laser duplicate the photon statistics of the exciting laser. Application of this phenomenon to analyze the statistical properties of a laser involved into a feedback process.
- Elaboration of the quantum fluctuation theory of vertical-cavity surface-emitting lasers (VCSEL's): quantum Stokes parameters, quantum self- and cross correlations, fluctuation spectra, polarization squeezing, sub-Poissonian statistics. Application of the theory to VCSEL's with equally-lived laser levels, a role of physical phenomena such as spin-flip and optical anisotropy (linear birefringence and linear dichroism). Analysis of stability of linearly polarized lasing modes.
Participation in the Internation Projects
- Russian-French cooperation program Lasers and Advanced Optical information Technologies;
- FP7 European Unions project High Dimensional Entangled Systems (2008 -2010);
- Leader of RFBR-CNRS project (2009-2011).
Invited professor position in Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France (2009).