Baked Corn Dogs
* 1 cup non-dairy milk, such as soy or rice milk
* 1 package dry active yeast
* 2 Tb extra virgin olive oil, plus more for greasing
* 2 Tb light brown sugar
* 1 cup fine yellow cornmeal
* 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting and kneading
* 1 tsp salt
* 1/4 tsp baking soda
* 1/4 tsp paprika
* 9 vegan hot dogs
1. Warm the milk to about 110 F in a small saucepan. Pour into a medium sized bowl, add the active yeast and allow to sit for about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the olive oil, cornmeal and brown sugar. Add the flour, salt, baking soda and paprika and stir to make the dough.
3. Turn the dough out onto a well floured surface and knead, adding more flour if it's too sticky, until smooth, about 5 minutes.
4. Shape the dough into a ball, place in a well oiled bowl and cover with a damp towel. Let rise in a warm area until double in size, about 1 hour.
5. Meanwhile insert a wooden skewer into each of the hot dogs, set aside.
6. Preheat the oven to 450 F and lightly oil a large baking sheet.
7. When dough has doubled in size, place onto a lightly floured surface and divide it into 9 pieces. Roll each piece of dough into a 10 inch length.
8. Wrap each piece around a hot dog, tucking and pressing to seal. Place each wrapped hot dog on the baking sheet.
9. Once done rolling, brush each dough wrapped hot dog with a little soy milk and bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until golden.