Stuffed Chicken with Blue Cheese & Walnuts
• 4 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1 cup REDUCED-FAT blue cheese crumbles
• 1/4 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
• 2 scallions, sliced on bias
• 2 slices good-quality center cut bacon
• 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 1 cup low-sodium/fat free chicken stock
• 1/2 cup FAT FREE half-and-half or cream
• 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
• 2 tablespoons “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter” Light Soft Spread
Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Cut the chicken across the breast but not all the way through. Use the knife to cut inside, toward the outer edges, creating a pocket. Open the breasts up and season the chicken lightly with salt and pepper.
Stuff the seasoned chicken cutlets with REDUCED-FAT blue cheese crumbles, walnuts and scallions, using equal amounts for each of the three ingredients. Season the outside again with salt and pepper.
Place the chicken on a small baking sheet. Cook in the oven for 25 minutes. (Cooking times may vary. Be sure chicken is cooked thoroughly before removing from the oven.)
Melt the ICBINB in a skillet pan over medium heat. Whisk in flour, cook 1 minute then whisk in stock. Let thicken a minute then whisk in the half-and-half and grain mustard, season with salt and pepper, reduce heat to warm.
Rachael recommends halving the chicken and stacking ‘em to show off the center. Set chicken in gravy or pour over top.
Recipe inspired by Rachael Ray’s Bacon Wrapped Chicken with Blue Cheese and Pecans. www.foodnetwork.com .