THE CHIMES // Staff Videographer
Applications due via email to Melissa Hedrick at email@example.com.
Label each page with your name, major, phone, email and year.
- How familiar are you with taking photojournalistic shots as opposed to general video clips?
- What is your projected date of graduation? (Only students graduating May 2017 and later will be considered, as the position is one year in length.)
- Do you feel comfortable seeking advice, receiving assignments, and taking orders from a video producer?
- What is your vision/goal for the multimedia content online?
- The Chimes is a web-first publication, meaning content must be generated, edited and uploaded on a weekly basis. How would you handle a job that is somewhat constant and unpredictable?
- This position may take up to 8 hours of your week. Does this work with your class schedule, and can you handle the time commitment? (Please fill out your anticipated work schedule on the attached sheet).
- How flexible are you with shooting, editing and producing videos on a last-minute deadline?
- Do you have trouble staying organized, being on time or remembering assignments and deadlines?
- Please submit a portfolio of your five best videos/published work. Links are also acceptable.
- Do you own a video camera? If so, what kind?
- Do you currently have access to the Equipment Room?
- Attach at least three samples. Published works are acceptable, or videos made for journalism/PR courses.
- Include a letter of recommendation from a faculty member familiar with you and your writing.
- Interviews will be scheduled individually. Make sure your contact information is located at the top of your application.