Blackberry-Coconut Pound Cake Muffins
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 large eggs
- 5 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 9 muffin cups with muffin liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together butter, sugar and lemon zest until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in cream until combined. With the mixer on low speed, mix flour and salt until just combined. Stir in 1/2 cup coconut and gently fold in blackberries.
- Spoon batter into cups, filling the cups, and smooth tops. Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups. Top the muffins with remaining 3 tablespoons of coconut. Bake until muffin tops are golden and springy to the touch, 23 to 25 minutes, rotating halfway through baking time. Cool muffins in muffin tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack and cool 5 minutes before serving.
Note: You can substitute blueberries or raspberries for the blackberries. This recipe can also be baked in mini loaf pans.
Yields: 9 muffins
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com