Bear Den Meeting 1
Date: September 28, 2010, 6:00PM
Location: Boonton Museum. 210 Main St, Boonton, NJ
Leader: Paul Polizzi
- Arrange with museum. Done
- Give Paul agenda
- 9/27. Call Loyd Charlton as a reminder of the meeting (his request). Phone number 973-334-7789
- Let the scouts check out the main floor of the museum. They should know that the original Boonton is under the reservoir.
- Flag ceremony (I didn’t check to see if one available) maybe downstairs with boyscout exhibit.
- Pledge, Promise, & Law
- There may be new scouts, introduce them and where they’re from. All scouts should introduce themselves to the new scouts.
- Introduce Loyd Charlton
- Loyd joined Troop 1 in 1939
was in the Miltary during WWII
after returning, he was involved as a scout leader ever since
he volunteers at the museum, giving historic walking tours of the town
- If you need some questions:
- Did scouting prepare you for the military and life afterwards?
- What was your favorite activity as a scout? and as a leader?
- How have scouts changed?
- How has the boy scouts changed?
- After he’s done. Thank him. Invite the scouts and parents back to the museum
- Give Loyd a cheer - “Chip-Chop” cheer (or other)
- 4a. Discuss Fokelore
- Have Declan tell his tall tale
- Go over achievement 3a (if time allows)
- 3a. Tell what makes America special to you
- Go over upcoming schedule
- 10/4 - Popcorn deadline for 600 club
- 10/9 - Family Camping -- any questions on what to bring
- 10/12 - Pack meeting - Cake bake
- 10/26 - Bear den meeting
- 11/2 - Bear trip to Raptor Trust
- 4c. Reading Tall Tales; select who will tell theirs next meeting
- 3j. Character Connection