Tandoori Tempeh Pizza
1 6 oz. carton plain unsweetened soygurt
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tspn fresh ginger, grated
1 tspn salt
1 tspn cumin
1 tspn coriander
1 tspn chili powder (optional)
1/2 tspn paprika
1/2 tspn turmeric
1 8 oz. package of tempeh, chopped into 2-inch cubes
1/2 recipe of Onion-Garlic Naan or 6 whole-wheat pitas
1/4 onion, sliced thin
+ Cucumber Soygurt Sauce as a side dish or garnish
- In a large shallow dish, add soygurt, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, salt, cumin, coriander, chili powder, paprika, and turmeric, using a whisk to combine. Add tempeh and marinate overnight for best results.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place cooked naan on cookie sheet. Top with marinated tempeh and onions. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Place sheet under the broiler and broil for 4 to 6 minutes watching carefully. Tempeh and onions should brown and naan should crisp but not burn.
- Serve with Cucumber Soygurt Sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Vegan Junk Food by Lane Gold