Quartz (http://qz.com), a recently launched global business news site from Atlantic Media, is seeking an experienced Front-end/Mobile Web Developer. You will work with other developers on a frontend unlike any other news site - one that places emphasis on the reading experience, seamless interaction, and values content over traditional business needs.
This is an enormous opportunity to shape the news reading experience and help redefine the traditional “news site” as “news application”.
This role is a hands-on position and you will be working closely with other developers and editorial. There is the opportunity to work on a large number of fun and challenging problems as the site and team grow.
The position is based out of our new Soho office in NYC.
Core skills and experience include:
- Development and implementation experience of interactive web/mobile apps
- Expertise with UI, MVC, and JS based frameworks such as jQuery, Backbone, Underscore
- Prototyping and evaluating front-end designs
- “HTML5” (as well as CSS3, transitions, application cache, geo etc), DOM, HTML fragments
- Familiarity with WordPress, client-side templating, JSON, and 3rd party APIs
- Prior experience working in Agile Environment
- Experience with cross-browser and platform issues
- Managing version control systems (Github FTW) code releases (merging, tagging, etc)
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, with a methodical approach to all tasks
- Technical problem-solving skills, ability to succeed in a fast-moving high-demand environment, and a willingness to “roll up your sleeves” when necessary
- Previous employment at early-stage companies, preferably digital media startups
- Willingness to learn new skills, frameworks, and programming languages as necessary
- Comfortable working with Linux and LAMP stack technologies
- You’ve already built a reader-based mobile web app
- Links to your work on GitHub or other public repos
- StackOverflow profile (if relevant)
- Links to websites or services where you've had a primary development role.
- Atlantic Media recruits for two personal attributes in its candidates. The first is force of intellect – reflected in discipline and rigor of thought as manifested, often, in exceptional academic performance. The second is a personal spirit of generosity – a natural disposition towards service and selfless conduct
- Adaptable and willing to approach tasks with velocity and a high metabolism
Compensation: commensurate with experience, but highly competitive
To apply, please visit www.atlanticmediacompany.com.
Atlantic Media Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.