2012 Event Information
Teams -- These teams have qualified for this Championship event.
- Allen Park: 1020, 2137, 5702, 9054, 9269, 13749, 13754
- Bloomfield Hills: 6398, 6614, 6619, 8581, 13267
- East Lansing: 2230, 4224, 4314, 7317, 7325, 7329, 13364
- Monroe: 40, 3341, 4092, 5870, 12960, 15700
- Novi: 96, 175, 5509, 7385, 10764, 12961, 14327
- Sterling Heights: 32, 53, 1721, 2858, 4238, 4482, 4908, 7724, 8819, 11410, 12568
- Troy: 34, 326, 2407, 2408, 6616
Map and Directions:
- Event location: Lakeland High School, 1630 Bogie Lake Rd, White Lake, MI
- Google map link for Lakeland High School: http://g.co/maps/u4g5p
Parking and Entrance Instructions:
For more information contact Dan Maggio, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If circumstances require us to cancel the event, the makeup date is Saturday, December 8, 2012.
- Notification of event cancellation will be sent to the primary coach's email.
Team Documents (to be posted by Nov. 27, 2012)
(Teams -- please read every item carefully!)
- Unlike the Qualifying Tournament registration, there is no registration required for the Championship Tournament. Your qualifying tournament host will tell us which teams advanced. Just show up on December 1.
- You will be contacted via email by the Championship event organizers, so check your email often between November 19 and November 30, 2012.
- Doors will open at 7:15 AM so teams can get moved in and set up.
- The tournament will take place in the Field House. If you are carrying anything into Lakeland High School, you can NOT use the main front glass doors. Teams MUST bring all their belongings through the east doors by the tennis courts. See map
- Food policy at Lakeland High School
- Concession stands will be open during the event between 7:30 AM and 3:00 PM
- Although not required, if you choose, you can pre-order your team's lunches with the Lakeland High School Boosters. To expedite things, we suggest that you pre-order your lunch using this order form. There will be a variety of breakfast, lunch and snack items to purchase.
- We encourage you to support our boosters by purchasing food at our concession stand, however outside brown bag lunches are allowed.
- Due to limited space in the pits, no coolers will be allowed in the building. They'll need to be kept in your vehicles.
- No crock pots or other devices which heat or cook food.
- Please help to keep our school clean for everyone! Absolutely no food or drinks will be allowed in the competition area (field house). All food must be kept in the pits or at the tables near our concession stand.
- Registration fee is $50 per team. We accept cash or checks made out to "FIRST in Michigan".
- There is no fee to park.
- Coach / Mentor Awards. If the student team members would like us to consider one of their Coach/Mentors or Young Adult Mentors for these awards, the students should complete a nomination form and submit it at registration.
- Please bring your mats and challenge set pieces. We will provide five tables with field setup kits in the Pit Area for practice.
- Project Presentations are expected to be done in five (5) minutes. We will only provide power in the rooms. A few data projectors are available for use but please let us know ahead of time. If you need a computer, you must bring your own.
- Please make sure to fill out and bring three (3) copies of the Team Profile Sheet. The team should give one copy to each of their three sets of judges. Form can be found here.
- Pit Areas: The pit area will be in the school cafeteria. Each team will get (approximately) a table that is ten feet long by two feet wide with 8-10 chairs attached.
- Bring an extension cord and a strip plug for your pit area. You'll need this to connect to the main power supplies.
- This is a public event. Local media may be present. Students may be photographed, videotaped or interviewed. Because of this, each student and adult is required to submit a Consent Form. If you already submitted one at your qualifying tournament, it is not necessary to turn another one in at the Championship Tournament.
- Teams may bring "team banners". Any sign taped to a wall must be removed at the end of the event.
- No flour-filled balloons! We’re not sure why we need to have this rule, but in the past, teams have brought these and popped them. It creates a mess, and makes us sad.