LCLC Video Camera Instructions
About the Camera
- When you check out a video camera from the LCLC, you are given:
- A camera case containing the video camera (SD card included), an extra battery pack, the charger, and a USB cord to connect the camera to a computer
- A tripod (if requested)
- When you pick up the camera, it should be fully charged with space on the memory card.
- Please check to make sure there is enough recording time and available memory for your recording.
- If you are recording a lengthy event, you may need to use the spare battery and an additional SD card. If this is the case, please inform the LCLC staff of your anticipated recording time so the camera can be prepared accordingly.
Using the Camera
- The camera is set to the basic recording settings (AUTO). This is the most simple setting for recordings, as you will only need to turn on the camera, position it correctly, press start to record, and stop to finish.
- If you wish to adjust the settings on the camera or if you have specific recording needs, please inform the LCLC staff.
- The complete instructions for the cameras can be found at the following links:
- If you are recording a lengthy event, you may need to adjust the quality of the recording in order to fit it into one file. Please consult the LCLC staff if you anticipate a lengthy recording.
- Conduct a test recording beforehand to ensure that the camera angle and placement are correct (i.e., that you can see everything you want to record).
- Press start early so the camera starts capturing before the important part begins.
- If requested, the LCLC staff will remove the file from the camera and provide a link to download the recording. If you would prefer the recording be placed on a DVD, please let us know.
- Downloads are conducted through UIL Box. If you are unfamiliar with Box, instructions can be found here, or ask the LCLC staff.
- Alternatively, if you would prefer to transfer the file yourself, you can use the included USB cable to connect the camera to a computer and access the file.
- We request that you take care to only access your recording and leave any other recordings on the camera.
- If you need assistance editing your video, please contact the LCLC.