Book Moodle ISU
The Book allows you to give information to your students in a multi-page, book-like format.
This guide will help you to:
- Create a Book
- Modify a Book
Create a Book
To create a book:
- Turn editing on. For more information, see the Moodle ISU Overview.
- In the topic where you wish to add the book, Click Add an activity or resource.
- Select Book.
- Click Add.
- In the Name field, Type the name of the book. This will display to the students on the course homepage.
- In the Description field, Type a description of the book or any other information you would like students to see.
Note: If you wish to have the description displayed to students on the homepage, check Display description on course page.
- Chapter formatting - lets you decide how you would like your chapters to be formatted.
- None - Chapter and subchapter titles are not formatted at all.
- Numbers - Chapters and subchapters are numbered (1, 1.1, 1.2, 2,…)
- Bullets - Subchapters are indented and displayed with bullets.
- Indented - Subchapters are indented.
- Custom titles - check this box if you want to display chapter titles automatically.
Common Module Settings
For more information, see Groups and Groupings.
For more information, see Conditional Release.
For more information, see Activity Completion.
Modify a Book
To modify your book:
- Click on the book you wish to edit.
- Turn editing on in the Administration block.
- Locate the TABLE OF CONTENTS block at the top left side of the page.
- Arrow icon: The arrow icon allows you to move chapters up and down in order.
- Gear icon:The Gear icon lets you edit a chapter’s content and titles, as well as make it a subchapter.
- X icon:Click the X icon to delete a chapter.
- Eye icon:Click the Eye icon to hide a chapter from the students. The chapter will be lighter to teachers indicating the chapter is hidden.
- ‘+’ icon:Click the + icon to add a new chapter or subchapter.
To add a chapter or subchapter:
- Click on the + icon.
- Type the chapter title into the Chapter title text box.
- Type the content into the Content text box.
- Check Subchapter if you want to make this page a subchapter.
- Click Save changes when finished.
Note: You can add numerous chapters/subchapters.
Note: You can navigate from chapter to chapter with the Arrow icons on the upper and bottom right side of the book.
For more information, see Book Settings.
For additional information, contact ITRC - (208)-282-5880 or email email@example.com.
This work was done by Instructional Technology Resource Center at Idaho State University and is licensed under the Creative Commons Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit Attribution Noncommercial 3.0 United States or send a letter to Creative Commons, 444 Castro Street, Suite 900, Mountain View, California, 94041, USA.