Chocolate Ice Cream
- 4 squares (1 oz size) unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- In a metal bowl set over a pan of lightly simmering water, melt chocolate. Gradually whisk in the milk and heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute.
- Add the cream, vanilla and salt and whisk to blend. Pour the chocolate mixture into the cream mixture and blend.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Chill in freezer until very cold (40 degrees) about 30 to 60 minutes.
- Start ice cream maker and add the mixture. Mix until ice cream has the consistency of soft serve ice cream, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from ice cream machine canister and transfer to an airtight container. Freeze until firm, at least 3 hours.
Yields: 1 quart
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com