SCCT PRODUCTION STAFF
This position reports to the Director. All production/artistic staff positions ultimately report to the producers. In the event of irresolvable disputes among the production/artistic staff, the decision of the Producers shall be final.
- Provide choreographic direction for arena theatre production.
- Prepare for and conduct open auditions and participate in the casting session on the dates determined by the Board of Directors
- Assure continuity between the choreography of the production and the Director’s concept for the production.
- Assure that choreographic needs are coordinated with the concepts of the Designers.
- Determine which musical numbers require choreography in consultation with the Director.
- Develop rehearsal schedule with Stage Manager, in consultation with Director and Vocal Music Director. Schedule must comply with SCCT rules regarding rehearsals. The Producers must approve any exceptions.
- Develop choreography for all assigned musical numbers. Conduct dance rehearsals with cast. Conduct joint music/choreography sessions with Vocal Music Director and/or Conductor as necessary.
- Attend production meetings.
- Attend all technical and dress rehearsals.
- Designate dance captain(s) who will provide physical warm-up for cast prior to rehearsals and performances, and who will assist in the maintenance of dance quality during the performance run.
- Must possess strong background in dance and choreography, especially for musical theatre (arena theatre experience highly desirable).
- Must possess strong oral communication skills and be able to work in a team-oriented, community theatre environment composed of volunteers and professionals of varying ages and levels of talent.
- Must have or be willing to apply for Act 33 (Pennsylvania Child Abuse History) and Act 34 (Pennsylvania State Police Request for Criminal Check) clearances.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are age 21 or older.
- The Choreographer is expected to enforce and follow the rules and regulations established by the Board of Directors as well as to promote the educational mission of SCCT.
- An honorarium of $400 will be paid to the Choreographer on opening night.
- If the Choreographer leaves the production during the rehearsal period, the honorarium may be forfeited or reduced at the discretion of the Producers in consultation with the Board of Directors.