Anatomy and Physiology
TCC BIO 142
EXAM 2—chapter 20, lymphatics
- Describe the structure and distribution of lymph vessels. What are their similarities and differences compared to blood vessels? How do lymph capillaries actually function?
- What is the function of lymph vessels and how are they organized in the body? Discuss the largest lymph vessels and the body regions they drain.
- What are lacteals and what is their specialized function?
- How is lymph transported through the system?
- What happens if lymph vessels are blocked?
- Name and discuss the different types of lymphoid cells.
- What is the importance of lymphoid tissue? What are the types of lymphoid tissue?
- Discuss structure and function of a lymph node, including how lymph circulates in the node. How does stagnation occur in the lymph node and what is the purpose?
- What is the importance of the spleen? Thymus? How are these organs similar/different from other lymph tissue ?
- Discuss the different types and importance of tonsils and other lymphoid aggregates.
- Name the locations that do not have lymph vessels.