THE CHIMES // Advertising Manager
Applications due via email to Jana Eller and Christian Leonard at firstname.lastname@example.org
Label each page with your name, major, phone, email and year.
- Why are you interested in being the advertising manager?
- What is your projected date of graduation? (Only students graduating May 2017 and later will be considered, as the position is one year in length.)
- What kind of experience do you have that you feel will assist you in being the advertising manager? (Please list all coursework that is applicable, high school newspaper experience, Chimes experience and job-related experience.)
- What is your understanding of the responsibilities of an advertising manager?
- The advertising manager is responsible for raising thousands of dollars of the overall budget. How will you deal with the stress and demands that entails?
- What is your vision/goal as advertising manager?
- This position will take 10-15 hours of your week. Does this work with your class schedule? (Please fill out your anticipated work schedule on the attached sheet.) Do you feel you can handle the time commitment the position requires?
- How would you actively solicit advertising in the community at Biola and outside of Biola?
- What would you do if an advertiser called and yelled at you because you placed an ad incorrectly or didn’t place it at all?
- Are you interested in journalism and why?
- Include a letter of recommendation from a faculty member familiar with you and your work/skills.
- Attach at least three writing samples. Published works/articles are acceptable, or articles written for journalism/PR courses.
- Interviews will be scheduled individually. Make sure your contact information is located at the top of your application.