Simple Baked Oatmeal
Recipe adapted from here.
1) Preheat oven to 350° F. Place the butter in a square (9x9 or 8x8-inch) baking dish and place in the oven to melt. Make sure to keep an eye on the butter, or it will burn!
2) In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the oats, maple sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, eggs, and vanilla.
3) Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well, making sure all of the oats are moistened.
4) Remove the pan with the butter from the oven. Pour the oats mixture into the pan and stir, mixing until most of the butter in incorporated, but leaving some unmixed at the edges & bottom of the pan.
5) Bake in the preheated oven until the edges are golden, about 30 minutes. Serve hot with cream.
Makes approximately 6-8 servings, depending on how hungry everyone is.