Kentwood FTC Qualifier
November 9-10, 2018
East Kentwood Freshman Campus
6170 Valley Lane Dr SE, Kentwood, MI 49508
This will be a 32 team event. The following teams are registered for the Qualifier. If there are any changes, please email: Wendy Ljungren and MichiganFTC@gmail.com
Map and Directions
East Kentwood Freshman Campus (EKFC)
6170 Valley Lane Dr SE, Kentwood, MI 49508
Map/Directions to EKFC available at: https://goo.gl/maps/qzhXLaQ3pon
Parking and Arrival
- Parking is in the lot located between the East Kentwood Freshman Campus to the East and EK High School to the West.
- Everyone (and robots) should enter via the EKFC main entrance on the EKFC West side
- Teams may check-in after 7:00 p.m. on Friday, or starting at 7:20 a.m. on Saturday.
- At check-in teams will receive their Driver Buttons, judging/inspection schedule and other tournament information.
- Judging starts for local teams at 7:40 a.m.; check the event agenda for your time
- Checks should be written to “Kentwood Public Schools” with a memo field of “Red Storm Robotics”
- The Event Fee is NOT covered by grants
- Teams will complete 5 matches before the alliance selection and elimination rounds
- Team Rosters
- Paper copies of the Michigan specific consent form is required for each team member AND
- Complete roster from FIRSTInspires listing each mentor and team member’s name AND either
- No drilling, painting, gluing or soldering is allowed in the Competition Areas
- Any work that is likely to create significant dust or debris (like drilling) should not be done in the pit area. Any work likely to cause sparks (Dremel) or strong odors (gluing) will need to be done outside of the venue. Teams may bring battery powered screwdrivers, as long as they are not used to drill or grind.
- Safety glasses must be worn in the pit, practice field, and competition areas.
- The use of cooking devices in the general public areas is prohibited on site.
- Because of team members with nut allergies, there is a nut-free area in the cafeteria
Food and Pre-Order Lunches
- Concessions are a fundraiser for the host team.
- The full pizzas must be ordered by noon on Tuesday, November 6 in the team information confirmation and lunch pre-order form.
- No debit/credit cards accepted. Food checks from schools/teams should be written to “Kentwood Public Schools” with a memo field of “Red Storm Robotics”
- Food Schedule:
- Friday 7-9 – snacks and drinks
- 7:15-11:00 – breakfast, snacks, drinks
- 11:00 – 1:30 – lunch, snacks, drinks
- 1:30 – 4:00 – snacks, drinks
- Check the menu for reasonably priced food items that will be available: …..
- Each team is asked to provide at least one volunteer for the event.
- Please email the Volunteer Coordinator (Kari Wildeboer) with your team’s volunteer name/contact info/role preference
- Each team is asked to provide one (ideally 2) volunteer(s) for the event. Roles such as Hardware & Software Inspectors, Field Reset, Queuers, Pit Admin, and Safety Glasses are needed. Volunteers will need to sign up in FIRST’s registration system (upper right of www.FIRSTInspires.org, then volunteer for event, and then search for Kentwood FTC)
- Unless directed otherwise, event day volunteers should arrive at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday, and head to Volunteer Area (see map) for their assignments, badge, and shirts.
- Teams are asked to bring an extension cord and power strip for their team’s use.
- Each team will be provided a 8 foot table in the pit area. There is little room for stand-alone pit structures.
- Please label all equipment with your team number
- Safety glasses must be worn in the pit area, around the practice field and around the competition fields. Teams are required to bring their own safety glasses for their members, coaches, and mentors.
Award / Judging Information
- Remember to bring your Engineering Notebooks and give them to the judges.
- Along with the typical awards, we will be doing the Promote and Compass awards. Both of these require videos that need to be turned in on a USB stick during your judging.
- The Controls award requires the Controls Award Content Sheet be turned into the judges
- TBD teams will advance to the State competition using the FTC Order of Advancement worksheet
- High School Robotics teams will be demonstrating their robots in the cafeteria from 9:00-1:00 on Saturday. Your high school FRC team is welcome to show off their robot.
Pizza and snacks are available on-site. There are numerous restaurants in the area
Questions - please contact:
Thanks so much for your support!