What to know about “Dining Dollars”
- Dining Dollars are included in most meal plans (all but the 90-block Plan and the Just 5 Plan). See Dining Dollar amounts at the meal plan page. Remember that all first-year students are required to be on the 19-Meal Plan in the fall semester and either the 19- or 16-meal plan in the spring semester.
- Dining Dollars reside on your CatCard and can be used at any on-campus dining location at any time, including food and drink vending machines.
- Dining Dollars are designed to help you out when you can’t get to Vail Commons or the Union Café during regular meal hours.
- Any Dining Dollars remaining in your meal plan account at the end of the semester do not carry over to the following semester.
- Dining Dollars are distinct from any money you deposit into a declining balance account. Declining balance deposits belong to you and obviously carry over from semester to semester and year to year. Any declining balance deposits left at the end of your career at Davidson are either posted to remaining debits on your student account or reimbursed back to you via check.
- The CatCard system automatically pulls money from your Dining Dollars first for any qualifying purchases, ensuring that these semester-only funds are used up before drawing funds from your declining balance account.
Still have questions about Dining Dollars? E-mail GayGayle Daily at email@example.com or call the CatCard Office at (704) 894-2951. Happy Dining!