A recipe by magsandlou.blogspot.com
Yield: 5 stromboli enough for atleast 5 dinners
1. Prepare all ingredients for filling and set aside. Make egg wash with the egg and set aside. (Crack egg, add a splash of milk or water, scramble)
2. Place each bread loaf in its own pan or bowl. I like to use my bread pans for this. Allow to rise all day until it is filling up the entire pan. I set mine out in the morning around 8am and it is ready to use around dinner time. So for freezer meal sake the day you plan to cook set this out first then start on everything else.
3. Rub dough with a little olive oil and stretch it out on a cookie sheet in the shape of a rectangle. You can then fill it with all of your ingredients. I like to alternate layers of cheese and filling. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
4. When you are finished filling start at one end and roll up the stromboli until it looks like a log (best example I could think of) you then pinch the seams closed on both ends and along the side.
5. Brush with egg wash, sprinkle with italian seasoning and parmesan cheese.
*To eat now: Place on a cookie sheet (I recommend one with sides so the grease doesn't spill out into the oven). Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
*To freeze: Wrap in wax paper. Then wrap in tightly in aluminum foil. Label and freeze.
*To thaw: Place in refrigerator the night before you want to eat it! And bake according to directions above.