One Red Hen’s Slow Roasted BBQ Wings
Fall Off the Bone Tender Slow Oven Roasted BBQ Chicken Wings
I started with whole wings that were completely thawed, about 4 pounds worth.
- Prepare wings by cutting off the wing tips (I don't like to separate the sections, I think that holds in the juices better if you don't).
- Sprinkle with a dry rub of your choice. I had one that I made up a few weeks ago, but any BBQ rub would work, Stubbs is always good! Go lightly on the dry rub unless you want them spicy!
- Cover baking dishes or cookie sheets with foil for much easier cleanup later.
- Arrange chicken wings in a single layer, making sure they are not touching.
- Reduce heat to 275 F. Put wings into oven.
- Do not open the oven for an hour and 15 minutes. After one hour 15 minutes, baste lightly with BBQ Sauce. In another 30 minutes, baste lightly with BBQ sauce again. (if you put on too much sauce they will not get crispy)
- Raise oven temp to 350 F after the second basting. Bake for an additional 15-25 minutes. (Total cooking time approx. 2 hours, 10 minutes).
Wings will be slightly difficult to remove, you kind of have to finesse them off the foil, or buy non stick foil.
This recipe was edited because of my friend Alan, who is wonderful, for clarity.