Your Social Media Dashboard
There’s an old saying that says: “It’s hard to tell if you are winning if you aren’t keeping score.”
Unfortunately, most companies using social technologies have no way of explaining their strategies nor results to upper management because they are not measuring their efforts. OC New Media, LLC has developed a Social Media Dashboard to help them do exactly that.
This Social Media Dashboard consists of two components:
- Dashboard: For showing weekly data points over time to determine trends.
- Analysis Section: For documenting weekly observances, trends, experiments, premises and conclusions. The analysis section becomes a living document that adds context to the dashboard.
The dashboard is:
- as simple to use as filling-in a spreadsheet. By typing measurements into a spreadsheet, the dashboard updates itself automatically.
- totally customizable, from the measurements that you choose to the colors that the dashboard displays.
- interactive. Move your mouse across the graphs to highlight specific data points. If you’re on a tablet such as an iPad, touch a measurement to make it visible.
Want One for your Company?
- Contact us...contact information at ronamok.com.
Here’s an example of the types of weekly analysis that can be added to this section
Analysis Week Ending October 10, 2014
- We saw a large jump in Reach this week as people started talking about our new demo video. ThinkUp shows us that the most popular post (from a like/comment perspective) was the one where we shared the XYZ customer success story.
- Up to 218 lists. Over the next couple of weeks, let’s take a closer look at the lists that we are on to see if there is some benefit. Also, let’s make sure that we are following everyone who has put us on a (relevant) list.
- The podcast is experiencing great growth...primarily because of the customer interviews. We need to think about capitalizing on this momentum...and an e-book is probably one of the ways to do so.
Goals for the week:
- Complete draft of the demo video
Analysis Week Ending October 03, 2014
- A few months into creating the page and here are the demographics:
- Lots of chatter about our demo at the trade show. There were three people really interested @xxxxx, @yyyyy, and @zzzzz. Let’s make sure to follow up with them this week.
- The subscriber growth is solid. Those contests really helped.