- 2 cups diced mango (from 1 large peeled and pitted mango)
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup moist, plump golden raisins
- Grated zest of 1/2 a lime
- Center a rack in the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom and sides of a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan; dust with flour, tapping out excess. Put the pan on an insulated baking sheet or on two regular baking sheets stacked one on top of the other. (This extra insulation will keep the bottom of the bread from over-baking).
- Dice the mango and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and oil; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, spices, salt and brown sugar. Break up any lumps.
- Stir liquid ingredients into the dry until just moistened. The batter will be very thick (really more like a dough than a batter) and not easily mixed. Stir in mango, raisins and zest.
- Scrape batter into prepared loaf pan and smooth surface with a rubber spatula. Bake 1 1/2 hours, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. (If the bread looks as if it’s getting too brown as it bakes, cover it loosely with a foil tent). Transfer the pan to a wire rack and cool 5 minutes before unmolding. Allow to cool completely before serving.
Yields: 1 9x5 loaf
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com