Jack E. Carlson
| 510 Vaden Dr. Richmond, Virginia 23225 | email@example.com | 804-641-6582
OBJECTIVE . ....
I’m seeking long-term, full-time employment in a field that challenges me and provides an opportunity to take advantage of my years of experience in employee and customer relations, marketing and merchandising. I offer dedication, passion and a solid work ethic. I am computer literate and technologically informed, especially in the fields of social media and hardware.
Circle K / MACS Richmond, Va. March 2013 - Present
- Stocking and store maintenance
- Store promotions and advertising
- Store reports and bookkeeping
- Other tasks as assigned by MACS and the district manager
- Perform standard shift duties at the register
Puritan Cleaners Richmond, Va. April 2012 - March 2013
Evening Shift Supervisor
- Supervised employees on the evening shift
- Responsible for cash control and daily deposits
- Assisted customers with their cleaning needs
- Assessed garments for special cleaning needs and treatment
- Other duties as assigned by upper management
Crossmark Richmond, Va. January 2012 - April 2012
Retail Resets and Merchandising
- Conducted shelf resets and merchandising based on planograms
- Under contract to leading cosmetic manufacturers
- Worked in many towns and cities within Virginia and West Virginia
- Recommended for team lead prior to contract expiring
Cartridge World San Diego , California July 2005 - September 2011
- Responsible for inventory, controlling costs and advertising.
- Created and maintained the store website (cwsandiego.com).
- Prepared product for sale or delivery.
- Ensured customer satisfaction with our products and services.
- Performed customer service at the counter and on the phone.
- Performed repairs and parts replacement on printers.
- Kept the store clean and ready for business.
- Opened and closed the store 5 days a week.
Sam Goody San Diego , California March 1995 - June 2003
- Responsible for all aspects of staffing; hiring, terminating and performance reviews.
- Kept daily inventories and merchandised product.
- Tracked and reported daily sales figures to the district manager.
- Performed all cash handling including daily deposits.
- Ensured every customer received excellent customer service.
- Supervised bi-annual store inventory by outside service.
Albertsons Grocery Store Burley , Idaho June 1983 - March 1995
- Supervised crew of up to 7 stockers.
- Unloaded deliveries and received shipments.
- Ensured store was fully stocked daily.
- Assisted customers when necessary.
- Rang sales as a cashier when needed.
- Kept stock and backroom organized.
- Assisted with ad and price changes.
Herbert Hoover High San Diego, California June 1972
None, GPA 3.75
- Yearbook photographer
- Two years in the school barbershop quartet
San Diego City College San Diego, California July 1975
A.A., GPA 3.6
Foundation College San Diego, California September 2004
Certificate of Completion , GPA 3.9
U.S. Army Security Agency Intelligence Analyst Ft. Meade, Md. 1975-1980
U.S. Army Active Reserves Psychological Operations San Diego, Ca. 1980-1982
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows and applications.
- Proficient in Macintosh OS X.
- Experienced in building Intel and AMD based computers.
- Possessed a Top Secret/Crypto Clearance in the Army.
- Extensive customer service experience.
- Forklift and pallet jack experience.
- Have been trained on and can drive nearly any vehicle, standard or automatic.
- Many years experience caring for a variety of animals from dogs, cats and snakes to a Gray Wolf.
- Tutor seniors in PC use.
- Eight years as an administrator for two online PC help forums.
Social networking for businesses and individuals
Caring for animals
Driving (Just drove 2600 miles, CA to VA)
PC tutoring for seniors
Online forum administration, moderation and participation
My LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jackecarlson
Personal and professional references are available upon request.