Grandma’s Apple Cake
From the kitchen of: Yolanda Caccamo Quackenbush
* 3 Eggs
* 1 cup of Vegetable Oil
* 2 cups of Granulated Sugar
* 1 tsp. of Vanilla
* 2 cups of Flour
* 1 tsp. of Baking Soda
* 2 tsp. of Cinnamon (you can add more depending on how much flavor you like)
* 1/2 tsp. of salt
* 4 cups of cubed Apples cut about 1/2 inch thick (I always use Cortland Apples)
* Preheat oven to 325 degrees
* Beat Eggs and Oil until foamy
* Sift in Sugar
* Add Vanilla and beat another 5 minutes
* Sift in Flour, Baking Soda, Cinnamon, and Salt.
* Once you add in the Flour mixture, you have to start mixing it with a large spoon or spatula because the batter gets thick.
* Next, mix in the Apples until well incorporated
* Butter and Flour an Angel Food Cake Pan
~*~Note~*~We always used that kind of pan, but feel free to use a 9x13 if you do not own one.
* Spread the cake mixture evenly into the cake pan
* Bake for about 1 hour. It may need a few more minutes(test it with a toothpick to make sure it is cooked)