Gradebook: Exporting to a File Moodle ISU
The gradebook in Moodle ISU can be exported and imported using four different formats (Open document spreadsheets, plain text file, excel spreadsheet, or XML file). Grades can be recorded and calculated throughout the semester using Moodle ISU; however, final grades must be entered into Banner at the end of the semester.
This guide will help you to:
- Export Your Moodle ISU Gradebook
Export Your Moodle ISU Gradebook
The following steps will help you export your Moodle ISU gradebook to a file that can be saved to your computer or another local archive system. It is important to save a copy of your grades for archive and record keeping purposes.
To export your gradebook:
- In the Administration block, Click Grades.
- You can export your grades two ways:
- In the Administration block, Click Export.
- From the Grader report dropdown menu, Select an Export option.
- Select the type of file you would like to create:
- Open Document spreadsheet: Will export the gradebook and save it as a spreadsheet.
- Plain text file: is represented and edited by showing all the characters as they are present in the file. Most plain text files are currently used for programming and configuration.
- Excel spreadsheet: is a commercial spreadsheet by Microsoft and features calculations, graphing tools, and pivot tables.
- XML file: is a document that consists entirely of characteristics from the Unicode repertoire.
Note: The option that you select will be bolded in the work screen as a tab option.
- Grade items to be included: Select the items of the Gradebook you wish to include in the file.
Note: You can also Click Select all/none to select all categories to be exported.
- In the Export format options, Select the options to modify the export.
- Include feedback in export: Most people will leave this unchecked. If you have feedback in the gradebook and want it included in the export, don’t leave it unchecked.
- Grade export display type: This is what will be exported – Real, Percentage or Letter.
- Grade export decimal points: This is how many decimals will be included for the grades.
- Export new or updated grades only: This is only available when the XML file is selected.
- Click Submit to advance to the Preview Screen.
Note: The Preview screen will give you a glance at the file before you download. If you need to make adjustments, just select the file type under export and it will take you back to make adjustments.
- Click Download to download the exported file.
For more information, see Grade export.
For additional assistance, contact ITRC - (208)-282-5880 or email email@example.com.
This work was done by Instructional Technology Resource Center at Idaho State University and is licensed under the Creative Commons Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit Attribution Noncommercial 3.0 United States or send a letter to Creative Commons, 444 Castro Street, Suite 900, Mountain View, California, 94041, USA.