***Moodle ISU Guides have been relocated to the New Tiger Tracks Site. For up-to-date content please refer to the Knowledge Base.***
Gradebook: Exporting to a File Moodle ISU
The gradebook in Moodle ISU can be exported and imported using four different formats (OpenDocument spreadsheets, plain text file, excel spreadsheet, or XML file). Grades can be recorded and calculated throughout the semester using Moodle ISU; however, final grades must be entered into Banner at the end of the semester.
Export Your Moodle ISU Gradebook
The following steps will help you export your Moodle ISU gradebook to a file that can be saved to your computer or another local archive system. It is important to save a copy of your grades for archive and record keeping purposes.
- In the upper left hand corner expand the Navigation drawer (the white icon with three black horizontal lines), Click Grades.
- In the top right hand corner expand the Grader report dropdown menu, Scroll down nearly to the bottom and select an Export option.
- Select the type of file you would like to create:
- OpenDocument spreadsheet: A spreadsheet file with the extension .ods which can be opened by a number of spreadsheet programs.
- Plain text file: A comma-delimited file with the extension .cvs which can be opened by a number of programs.
- Excel spreadsheet: A spreadsheet file with the extension .xlsx which can be opened by Microsoft Excel.
- XML file: A file formatted for the internet with the extension .xml. This is not a common export option.
Note: The option that you select will be indicated at the top of the page..
- Grade items to be included: Select the items of the Gradebook you wish to include in the file.
Note: The Select all/none option is located at the bottom of the page.
- In the Export format options, Select the options to modify the export.
- Include feedback in export: If checked, this will include the feedback for the grade items.
- Require active enrollment: If checked, this will only include students whose enrollment is active.
- Grade export display type: The checked options, Real, Percentage, or Letter, will be included in the export. You can select multiple options.
- Grade export decimal points: The number in the dropdown indicates how many decimal points will be included in the numbers exported.
- Export new or updated grades only: This is only available when the XML file is selected. This is uncommon.
- Click Download to download the exported file.
For more information, see Grade export
For additional assistance, contact the ITRC - (208) 282-5880 or email email@example.com
This work was done by Instructional Technology Resource Center at Idaho State University and is licensed under the Creative Commons Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit Attribution Noncommercial 3.0 United States or send a letter to Creative Commons, 444 Castro Street, Suite 900, Mountain View, California, 94041, USA.