Pasta with Broccoli and Lentil Soup
From the kitchen of: Yolanda Caccamo Quackenbush
* 1 cup of D'italini or Elbow macaroni ( I use Barilla, because it has ridges in them which holds the flavor of the soup better)
* 1 Can of Progresso Lentil Soup (Get the regular not 99% Fat Free. It is already low in fat.)
* 1 small Broccoli Floret Crown (It should give you about 3 cups cut up)
* 1 Small Cooking Onion (Cut into small thin slices)
* 3 TBSP. of Olive Oil
* 1 cup of Reserved Water (from Boiling the Broccoli)
* Salt, Pepper, and Red Pepper Flakes to Taste
* Grated Cheese to top the soup with
* Chop 3 cups of Broccoli into small bite size pieces.
* Boil for 8 minutes
*Reserve 1 1/2 cups of the water. Set Aside
* Put cooked Broccoli in a bowl. Set Aside.
* Get a small saucepan and Boil 1 cup of macaroni according to box in lightly salted water and then drain.
* Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, cook onions in 3 TBSP of Olive Oil on Med Heat until onions are soft and translucent.
* Add the Can of Lentil Soup and Broccoli. Season with a little Salt, Pepper and Red Pepper Flakes to taste. Bring to a light boil and let simmer until macaroni is done.
* Spoon the soup into individual bowls and then add the macaroni.
~*~Note~*~ There is nothing I hate more than over cooked macaroni in soup, so I always add the macaroni to individual serving bowls as eaten.
Top with grated Cheese and Enjoy!