* 1 Tb canola oil
* 1 pound soy beef crumbles or shredded tempeh
* 1 onion, diced
* 2 ( 15 ounce ) cans of pinto beans, drained and rinsed
* 1 ( 15 ounce ) can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
* 2 cups of corn kernels, fresh or frozen
* 1 ( 14.5 ounce ) can Mexican style stewed tomatoes
* 1 ( 14.5 ounce ) can diced tomatoes
* 1 ( 14.5 ounce ) can tomatoes with chilies
* 4 anaheim chiles, roasted and diced
* 1 recipe Taco Seasoning ( Bel0w )
* Tortilla Chips
* Vegan Sour Cream
* Vegan cheddar cheese, shredded
* Green onions, chopped
* Pickled jalapeños
1. In a medium sized skillet, add the oil and heat over medium high heat. Add the onions and saute for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the soy beef crumbles and the taco seasoning, mix well. Cook an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Transfer the soy beef and onions to a slow cooker or a large stockpot. Add the beans, corn, tomatoes, anaheim chiles. Cook on low in a slow cooker for 6 to 8 hours or simmer over low heat for 1 hour on the stove.
4. To serve, ladle soup into six individual bowls. Top with sour cream, cheese, green onions and jalapeños. Serve with tortilla chips on the side.
* 1 tablespoon chili powder
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
* 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/2 teaspoon paprika
* 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
* 1 teaspoon sea salt
* 1 teaspoon black pepper