- Sign in or follow the instructions to create an account
- Add Books
- Search for any books that you have read
- Click the ‘Add’ button
- Click ‘I’ve Read It’
- You will be asked “When did you finish”
- Enter a date (if you do not know the exact date, you can enter only month and year, or even just the year)
- You can also add books you want to read
- Or books you are reading right now (you will need to go back and change to ‘read’ when you finish and add a date)
- Add books with date read as you finish them. This will allow you to see your stats and is a fun way to look back on your year.
- Add Mr. Currey as a friend
- Search the same way you search for a book, only click on the drop-down menu where is says “books” and change it to “members”.
- Search “Isaac Currey”
- Click Follow
Embed your ‘Bookshelf’
- Click on ‘Home’
- On the right side of the page
- Click ‘Create New Widget’ at the bottom of the page
- Choose Wordpress as the ‘home’ of your widget
- Choose your book list - books I’ve Read
- Choose your style
- Keep the width at ‘100%’
- Make the number of rows 5
- Copy the ‘Widget Code’
- Go to your blog and to your ‘My Reading’ page
- Click on ‘Edit HTML’
- Paste the code
Add Other Friends
You can follow your classmates, teachers, parents and other friends to see what they are reading. This can help you pick great books in the future.
To follow your classmates you need to find them. Search the same way you search for a book, only click on the drop-down menu where books is and change it to members. When you find your classmate, click follow.