Management Team meeting
Feb 1st, 2012 19:00 GMT / 20:00 CET
Expecting: Andy Allan, Henk Hoff, Harry Wood, Oliver Kühn, Steve Coast, Mikel Maron, Frederik Ramm, Michael Collinson, Sam Larsen
Present: Henk, Michael, Big Steve, Frederik, Mikel, Andy, Harry
Minutes previous meeting
January 5th, 2012
Agenda & Minutes
Actions Previous Meetings
- Responsibilities of MT and Board (ongoing)
- Setting up a shared online calendar (done)
- Check with Sam on starting the procedure to form a Maps4All WG. (ongoing)
- Send our reminder to WG for sharing their minutes to MT
- Ping treasurer for financial aspect of Maps4All.org (done)
- Draft procedure for creation of new WG and share with MT (ongoing)
- Setting up WG plans for 2012
Upcoming license change April 1st
Board has committed to the planned license change on April 1st 2012. Has stated this to be the most important item for the first quarter. What coordinated actions can be done by all WG’s?
LWG sees the following activities:
- Contact-and-remap campaign (LWG)
- Gaining community consensus that WTFE algorithmn should be basis of rebuild (LWG / Community Rebuild Group)
- Diplomatic efforts (LWG). Poland, Czech Republic, finding key undecided mappers, persuading some big undecided/declining mappers to let us continue using all/portions of their contributions.
- Ownership adjustments requested by LWG. Partial rebuilding (OWG / DWG / Community Rebuild Group)
- Install Rebuild Test-Bed (OWG). Budget?
- Rebuild Test-and-Show (Community Rebuild Group)
- March 31 / April 1 [2 calendar days is enough time ???] Rebuildathon Weekend in London (OWG / Community Rebuild Group) Budget?: Travel, Accommodation, Meals, ?professional consultancy?
Community Rebuild Group: A core group of specific individuals with proven competencies who are willing to actually sit down and write the code, test and execute it. We need to know who they will be.
Already established on the rebuild mailing list and the right discussions are being had.
Michael: 7M problematic nodes disappeared during January, we are now down to about 30M. At least 10M are nodes that cannot be remapped and must be removed no matter what.
Maps4All ... full working group?
Review of submitted Working Group plans
Henk to create the list of which ones are submitted and which ones are missing
Update on Design from Steve
Inter-meeting decision making
(it went well with Night of the Living Maps) should we enshrine it?
Policy of support for various kinds of mapping parties.
OWG plans and status of sysadmins
Board and OWG are working to clarify division of responsibilities around the sysadmin / rails maintainer roles
Communications on OGD (personal and professional)
Board set guideline that personal blogposts should not be signed with Foundation e-mail address.
Meeting ended 20:40 GMT
Request to change DoW for the meeting, so Matt will be able to join.
- E-mail meeting on Feb 8th on progress of technical aspects of the database rebuilt
- Provisional meeting on Feb 15th on next steps for database rebuilt
- Next regular scheduled meeting:
Wednesday March 7th, 7pm GMT, dial-in