OpenStreetMap Foundation

Communications Working Group Meeting

   

4th April 2011,

21:00- GMT (22:00 - CET)

Dial-in

AGENDA & MINUTES

Present: Richard Weait, Oliver Kühn, Charlotte Wolter, Harry Wood

Apologies: Hurricane Coast

Responsible for OSMF newsletter input:

Public to newsletter

1

Adoption of previous minutes

Minutes of 21 March 2011: https://docs.google.com/a/osmfoundation.org/document/d/1lJZXLgCZLl_dJgvtbqc3f3y9DywKGkFQz-Swr0SS62s/edit?hl=en_GB&authkey=CP6g08QL

Propose:  Richard Weait

Seconded:  Harry Wood

None opposed

Previous minutes 28 March 2011: https://docs.google.com/a/osmfoundation.org/document/d/1qMDjOkT7mJAn7mFF6yzUTS_KsIYAXH4uIRYnUpQtbSI/edit?hl=en_GB&authkey=CIqq0qEI

Propose: Richard Weait

Seconded: Charlotte Wolter

None opposed

Previous minutes were not discussed.

[ ]

2

Matters Arising:

none

[ ]

3

Finalise agenda for this call.

[ ]

4

Any other business

none

[ ]

4.1

Phone number official contacts for the foundation

Action: Oliver to ask the board if anybody from the board is willing to become the primary press contact and provide its personal phone number.

4.2

Static Pages (About, Board, Bios, Contacts)

Discussed draft new ‘About’ page emailed by Richard

Ideas for rewriting About section:

[tbd]  The OSM Foundation does not operate the OSM Project. The OSM Project is the worldwide mapping effort that includes more than 320,000 volunteer members around the globe. Instead it supports the project is a number of significant ways:

 --It is able to receive and allocate donations for the OSM Project

--The foundation acts as a legal entity for the OSM project in situations where that is required

--The foundation deals with data licensing and user terms for the OSM Project

--It supports and communicates with the working groups, such as communications, licensing. The foundation board at times will delegate various tasks to working groups, such as public relations, Web site development, etc.

--

The foundation is represented by its board (link to board page)

Action: Charlotte to combine with Richards about text before next meeting.

4.3

CWG effectiveness

Note that we haven’t been very effective

Need for better attendance of meetings

Need for more working achievements between conference calls

Agreed to note actions and have mid-week email to check on action progress

[ ]

4.6

[hl6]

[tbd]  

[ ]

4.7

[hl7]

[tbd]  

[ ]

4.8

[hl8]

[ ]

[tbd]

4.9

[hl9]

[tbd]

[ ]

5

Next meeting.

Monday 11th April 2010,

2100BST, 2200CET, 1600EDT, 2000UTC 1400MDT

[ ]