OpenStreetMap Foundation

Communications Working Group Meeting

   

11th October 2010,

21:00- GMT (22:00 - CET)

Dial-in

AGENDA & MINUTES

Present: Harry Wood, Richard Weait, Oliver Kühn, Emilie Laffray, Hurricane Coast

Apologies: All present.

Responsible for OSMF newsletter input: Richard

Public to newsletter

1

Adoption of previous minutes

Previous minutes: https://docs.google.com/a/osmfoundation.org/document/edit?id=115ymBWuAHRS3ZArgmBms6uKltGmYEYItWPAOIsFu8eM&hl=en_GB&authkey=CKDAw8oO

Propose: Richard Weait

Seconded: Emilie Laffray

None opposed

Previous minutes were accepted and may be published.

[ ]

2

Matters Arising:

[tbd]

[ ]

3

Finalise agenda for this call.

[tbd]

[ ]

4

Any other business

[tbd]

[ ]

4.1

Welcome Hurricane

The CWG welcomed Hurricane.  

[x]

4.2

Template of minutes

Oliver introduced this template for potential use by other Working Groups for tracking which items to include in OSMF newsletter.  

[ ]

4.3

CWG administration

We discovered that the CWG email ( communications@osmfoundation.org ) was configured for the old members.  Emilie corrected this.  Account for Hurricane added on blog.osmfoundation.org.  

[ ]

4.4

Website skins and themes

Richard continuing on this.  Harry has skills.  We should lean on him.  Hurricane wondered about using Posterous.  Collaborative pages seem less suitable for Posterous.

[ ]

4.5

Logo Contest

Question sent to board for guidance.  Emilie to guide this through the next board meeting if required.  

[ ]

4.6

First blog post.

Mikel announcement went before “first” post.  So the blog is back.  Summary email / newsletter to go out as our first group post, when ready.  

DRAFTS circulating now.  

Richard to send first post out Thursday if possible.

[x]

4.7

Twitter for CWG?

Is a separate account needed, or make use of @openstreetmap ?  Current feeling is that we should make use of the current @openstreetmap Twitter account.  OGD is already mirrored there.  

[x]

4.8

Analytics for blog.osmfoundation.org

[x]

Emilie has set up an analytics account for blog.  Harry will install analytics plugin for Wordpress.

4.9

OGD traffic

Oliver asked about traffic details on OGD.  Does Posterous have analytics?  Which posts get best response?  What can we learn about our (CWG / OSMF) publications and readership?  

Oliver to ask SteveC about additional stats and availability.

Richard to do casual evaluation of posts for next meeting.

[x]

5

Next meeting.

Monday 18 October 2010,

2100BST, 2200CET, 1600EDT, 2000UTC 1400MDT

[ ]