Endangered Species Check-List
As you complete your project, make sure you do the following.
1. Cover Page
- Author’s Name,
- Great Image
- Read a lot online (Internet), offline (books, magazines)
- Think about the reading, choose most interesting facts and information.
- Become an expert.
3. Introduction Page
- Watch a short video of your animal in action.
- Choose an intriguing action.
- Take notes while you watch the action.
- Write a paragraph about the action as an introduction.
- Add introduction slide after title page
- Text could start with any of the following: Imagine the . . ., Sound word or action word. . capture reader’s attention.
- 5-10 Accurate Facts in Bullets or Sentences on each page.
- Write the facts in your own words, don’t plagiarize
- Image(s) on each page
- 20 or more slide pages
- Start sentences w/capital letters, end with punctuation.
- Use capital letters for first, last and important title words.
- Spellcheck so that you use correct spelling.
- Read your slide show to a friend.
- Sign up for teacher edit when done.
6. Public Service
Write a script including:
- Facts about why the animal is endangered.
- Facts about how we can save the animal.
- One minute in length.
- One minute video w/words and images
7. Animal Riddle
(for Irish ePals)
- Type 8-10 animal clues.
- Number each clue.
- Place an image of animal and animal’s name on back of page.
- Imbed Videos
- Create an Animoto
9. Animal Illustration
- Finish in class using colored pencils.
10. Other Ideas
Let me know about other ideas for this project.