Fresh Spring Rolls
* 2 ounces rice vermicelli
* 8 rice wrappers (8.5 inch diameter)
* 2 carrots, shredded
* 1/2 cucumber, julienned
* 1 1/3 tablespoons chopped fresh Thai basil
* 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
* 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
* 2 leaves lettuce, chopped
* Peanut Sauce for dipping ( I used San J peanut sauce )
1. Bring a medium saucepan of water to boil. Boil rice vermicelli 3 to 5 minutes, or until al dente, and drain.
2. Fill a large bowl with warm water. Dip one wrapper into the hot water for a couple second to soften. Lay wrapper flat. In a row across the center, place a handful of vermicelli, carrot, cucumber, basil, mint, cilantro and lettuce, leaving about 2 inches uncovered on each side. Fold uncovered sides inward, then tightly roll the wrapper, beginning at the end with the lettuce. Repeat with remaining ingredients.