Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Recipe From Confessions of a Wannabe Baker
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/3 cups Bisquick baking mix
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
6 oz. chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Generously grease bottom of loaf pan, 9 x 5 x 3 inches (I used two, though after talking with Jordan, he said it should all fit in one.)
- Mash bananas.
- Add in all ingredients(except choc. chips) in mixer bowl and beat vigorously 1 minute.
- Shake choc. chips in bag with a little bisquick so they don’t sink to the bottom of the batter
- Add to bread
- Pour into pan.
- Bake until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 55 to 65 minutes. (My oven over cooked it when I did it for 55, I would start checking it around 45 mins next time)
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Run knife or metal spatula around sides of loaf, pressing gently to loosen.
- remove from pan.