Fruit and Nut Granola Bites
- 2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 cup almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut, loosely packed
- 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped
- 1/4 peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup flaxseed
- 3/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped apricots
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray two mini muffin tins with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine oatmeal, almonds, and coconut. Spread onto a sheet pan and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl and stir in the pistachios, peanuts, wheat germ, flaxseed and sunflower kernels.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the butter, honey, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt to a boil. Cook and stir for a minute, then pour over the toasted oatmeal mixture. Add the blueberries, cherries, raisins, apricots, cranberries and golden raisins and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared muffin tins. Using a small piece of parchment paper, press mixture evenly into muffin cup; Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until light golden brown. Cool for at least 30 minutes in muffin tins before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Yields: 2 dozen bites
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com