OpenStreetMap Foundation

Communications Working Group Meeting

   

4th October 2010,

21:00- GMT (22:00 - CET)

Dial-in

AGENDA & MINUTES

Present: Harry Wood, Richard Weait, Oliver Kühn, Emilie Laffray

Apologies:

1

Adoption of previous minutes

Previous minutes: https://docs.google.com/a/osmfoundation.org/document/edit?id=1pTP-4PJZAHgsuFtBtEVP3eB7fcEr5H5b_LnX7JfapnY&authkey=CKD_rmE&hl=en#

Propose: Oliver Kühn

Seconded: Richard Weait

None opposed

Previous minutes were accepted and may be published.

2

Matters Arising:

All members: review Communication Channels Document

Oliver / Emilie: review scope with Board

Oliver / Emilie: Confirm blog.openstreetmap.org with board

3

Finalise agenda for this call.

4

Any other business

4.1

Guidance from board

Oliver presented our proposals to the board regarding the OSMF blog and WG communication.  Board accepted the proposals.  

4.2

Additional members for CWG

Hurricane Coast approached CWG about participating.  The CWG is thrilled to have the assistance of Hurricane Coast.  More help is welcome.

4.3

Communication channel evaluation

Reviewed Harry’s communication channels document.  First action in reviving blog.osmfoundation.org has wide support.   Work on this document will continue.

http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Communication_channels_analysis

4.4

Oliver to discuss themes and skins with JK

JK less involved now, but we are welcome to use his images.  

Richard to find a Wordpress / Wikimedia Skin / Theme  expert for guidance.  

Emilie has a potential contact for this as well.

Goals:

- Similar look for wiki / blog.  

- OSMF Wiki to look more like a web site, less like a wiki.

- Space for the logo on both

4.4

Richard to discuss with other working groups

Feedback was positive, though sparse.  Support for a human readable summary is universal, though volunteers to write the summary were absent.  

Emilie and Richard to work on summaries for CWG, LWG and TWG for starters.  

Next Board meeting expected on 29 October 2010 (Oliver to confirm).  Oliver to summarize next board meeting.  

Should we create a template for minutes to make clear which items should be summarized in the newsletter?  

4.5

Logo Contest

The OSMF logo contest seems to have stagnated.  Richard to send email to board to gain support for restarting the logo contest.

4.6

First blog post

Richard to revise Oliver’s draft post and pass it around for review.  Focus on What is CWG, reintroduce blog.osmf...

Follow closely with first summary of CWG, LWG and recent board meeting.  

5

Next meeting.

Monday 11 October 2010,

2100BST, 2200CET, 1600EDT, 2000UTC