- 1 pound dry ziti pasta
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 6 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Sauté ground beef, onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a large skillet until onion is tender and beef is lightly browned. Drain off excess fat. Add spaghetti sauce, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Layer as follows: 1/2 of the ziti, sauce mixture, Provolone cheese, sour cream, sauce mixture, remaining ziti, sauce mixture, mozzarella cheese and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheeses are melted.
Yields: 10 servings
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com