makes 6-8 servings
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound (about 2 or 3) yellow squash, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet set over medium heat. Add the squash, green onions, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until squash has softened and is beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Drain the cooled squash in a colander, pressing gently to remove extra liquid. Return to the bowl.
- Add the basil, parsley, and eggs to the squash, stir to combine. Pour into a round, deep baking dish. Cover with the tomato slices and sprinkle with feta. Bake until set, 50 to 60 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.